Monday, March 5, 2012

My Weekend in Movies

Friday

The Mentalist (2008 - present)

via The Mentalist Wiki

What can I say? We love the Mentalist.


Bottom line: Fantastic show. I adore all of the main characters. Watch it.

Saturday

The Frank Sinatra Spectacular (1965)

Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Frank Sinatra and Johnny Carson via The Daily Caller
I discovered this event about a year ago. Since then I've watched it on YouTube too many times to count. Last week it was taken down. I nearly died. I had been planning to purchase it on DVD and now I was forced to. It finally arrived on Saturday, so I put in on right away. Absolutely delightful. Johnny Carson hosted as these three sang and joked. They each had a turn on stage alone and then together.

There is a clip of the end of the show for you. If you like these guys at all I would recommend watching the whole show. It gives you a great feel for their friendships and humor. It's just so good! Someone else put the show up so you can watch it here.


Bottom line: I won't be surprised if I wear this DVD out. I'm so glad I bought it. I don't know how you could be disappointed in such a concert!


The Best of the Dean Martin Variety Show (1965 - 1974)

Dean Martin laughin' it up via ilovedinomartin
This is humor at it's finest. I love variety shows! I think my favorite thing to see is when Dean starts laughing and he can't stop. 




Bottom line: Hilarious. Get on YouTube and watch some more. What a fun way to spend your time. Grab a friend and then you can quote them later to each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!