Monday, March 19, 2012

My Weekend in Movies

Friday

Gone with the Wind (1939)

via Bob Taylor Rocks!
This is one of my favorite movies. I love the novel as well. People complain that the movie is long (four hours), but it doesn't drag. The movie is the book in fast forward. The book is pretty big, but it only took me two weeks to get through. It was much too exciting to put down. The movie is the same way for me. I just can't stop watching. I don't really know how to tell if you'll like this movie. So maybe watch the trailer and see what you think.


It even had a piece of my favorite scene in it! Anyone guess which part it is?

Bottom line: Clark Gable, Vivian Leigh, 10 Academy Awards... do you really need more than that?

You Can't Take It With You (1938)
via Buy.com
Holy delightful and insightful comedy! This one is a treasure.That should really shock anyone - it's directed by Frank Capra (It's A Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington). If you haven't seen it you need to. It's got an all star cast - and is just a treat to watch.


Bottom line: You should watch it. It's hysterical and your heart will be touched.

Saturday

Alice Adams (1935)

via Movie Goods
 I love this movie. I love it so much that I read the book. I shouldn't have read the book. Hollywood changed the ending and then the book was just disappointing. I am glad they changed the ending because it's beautiful. 


Oh by the way I adore Katharine Hepburn. All time favorite actress. Hands down. 


For some reason I can't find the clip through blogger so you'll have to click here to watch the trailer.


Bottom line: Great movie. Also a little sad. It's about a young girl doing her best to fit in, please her parents and not fall apart in the midst of it all. I love it. 






*Confession*  I also watched two Lifetime movies on Saturday... Not the sappy, lusty romance kind, but the murder/kidnapping/sucks-to-be-that-lady-but-she's-still-miraculously-stunning kind. I would just like to point out that it's not my fault that I like them. Lifetime has some special formula for making movies appeal to women... It's probably that they are super drama filled.


What did you watch this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!