Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)

via Doctor Macro

This might come as a shock to some of you, but today I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time. I realize that it's a classic, but it's been so popularized and I thought that it couldn't be that good (I often shy away from things that are too popular because that often means it is junk - I realize it's a bad habit). I also kept getting "it's alright" from people. It seemed to me that it was probably a movie about some glamor girl with no plot or point.

WRONG. I loved it. The only thing I didn't like was Mickey Rooney playing an Asian. It just felt awkward. That aside it was perfect. It wasn't shallow at all. It was a beautiful story about two very lost and lonely people finding each other.

I fell in love with Holly and Paul. Much in the same way that I fell in love with Fran and Baxter in The Apartment. These lost people are so easy to identify with. In one way or another aren't we all lost?

One of the most delightful things is that Audrey Hepburn sings Moon River in the film. Moon River is a wonderful, beautiful, dreamy song. Below is the clip from the film. Listen to it while you scroll through some of my favorite stills from Breakfast at Tiffany's.





via Oh Darling, Let's Be Adventurers

via arts-wallpapers

via Homerun

via tumblr

via fanpop


Have you seen Breakfast at Tiffany's? If you haven't, you probably should. If you have, speak up! What do you think of the film?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!