Friday, August 23, 2013

Peanut Butter Brownie Popcorn Recipe


 I had planned to take a picture of the popcorn right after is was made... but I forgot and by the time I got to it this was all that was left:


I'm surprised I had that much left after five adults and two children got to it!

This was made because I really wanted chocolate popcorn with my peanut butter popcorn, but I couldn't find a recipe that I had the ingredients for. They all wanted me to have chocolate chips or corn syrup.

Then I remembered that I had a Ghirardelli's Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix. So I decided to dump that on top of the peanut butter popcorn. And it totally worked! The chocolate chips in the brownie mix melted on the warm popcorn and YUM!


Here is the recipe for you:

Peanut Butter Brownie Popcorn

Ingredients:
8 cups popped popcorn (about 8 TBSP kernels)
1 cube butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 brownie mix of your choice


Melt butter, peanut butter and sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over popcorn. If you can, use a bowl with a lid so you can close the lid and shake the peanut butter mix all over the popcorn (preferably while listening to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass).

Once the popcorn is sufficiently coated with the PB mix, dump in your dry brownie mix. Close the lid, turn another Tijuana Brass song on and shake away!

Once it's all coated, dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!