Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Rat Pack

I am always shocked when people say "what?" or "huh?" when I mention the Rat Pack. And probably some of you are doing that very thing as you read this.

Let me help you. Wikipedia says: "The Rat Pack was a group of actors originally centered on Humphrey Bogart. In the mid-1960s it was the name used by the press and the general public to refer to a later variation of the group, after Bogart's death, that called itself "the summit" or "the clan," featuring Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr., Peter Lawford, and finally, Joey Bishop, who appeared together on stage and in films in the early-1960s, including the movie Ocean's 11. Sinatra, Martin and Davis were regarded as the group's lead members." I don't know much more about the history of the group beyond that. Currently I don't care, but I will likely pick up a book about it somewhere in the next year.

What I really want to do is introduce you to their humor, music, good looks and down right awesomeness.

The Rat Pack via Hopeless Rohemian
With Johnny Carson via Acid Cow (several good pictures here)
via Anything Gauche

And when I say "they" I mean Frank, Sammy and Dean. They are the ones I'm obsessed with.

First let me share with you a video and a song.

The video is the end number of The Frank Sinatra Spectacular. They have the whole thing on YouTube and I highly recommend watching it. This link will take you to the first part of the program. Johnny Carson Hosts. Frank, Dean and Sammy sing and make jokes. The whole program gives you a taste of their humor and friendships. So fun. Pure Brilliance.

 


 I found this next on while listening to Grooveshark. I laugh every time. They are just too funny.



Besides the incredible talent that these men possess, I like them because they fun. They're just a group of friends doing what they love. You can tell they have a blast doing it.

There will be several follow up posts to this one. Hopefully by the time all the posts are published you'll understand why I love these guys so much - even though I've never met them. As Anne Shirley would say, they are "kindred spirits."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!