Monday, February 13, 2012

My Weekend in Movies

Saturday

The Corn is Green (1979)

poster via johnbarry.org
First time I ever saw this movie. Since Katharine Hepburn stars in the movie it's no surprise that I liked it. It's about a lady who decides to teach the poor children of a mine town. She discovers genius in one of the young men and decides to push him to become the best he can. It's a well told story and inspiring.

I can't seem to find the trailer for this one. Sorry!

Bottom line: It's a TV movie so it's nothing fancy, but it's well done. I would recommend it!

His Girl Friday (1940)

poster via Dr. Macro's
I adore this film. It's brilliantly funny and very fast paced! I can't remember what I thought the first time I watched it, but I imagine I missed at least 50% of the funny lines. It's just so quick!



Bottom line: Hilarious! Watch it over and over and over. It never gets old. You'll catch a new joke each time you watch it.


1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!