Thursday, February 23, 2012

Less Hate, Please!

Did you know that there millions of people out there that hate me and I have never met most of them?

They hate me because I'm a woman.

They hate me because I'm American.

They hate me because I enjoy fashion.

They hate me because I'm Mormon.

They hate me because I'm young.

They hate me because I am a college student.

They hate me because I eat meat. 

They hate me because I like Marilyn Monroe.

They hate me because they have placed me in a box. That box has a stereotype label taped on the outside. That stereotype was taped to that box because they met one person or several people who did something that they did not like. Those people had something in common with me so we were all shoved into the same box. It does not matter that I'm nothing like the offending person. We are still in the same box because we have something in common.

Isn't that silly? Why do we do that? I can't speak for you, but I know I've done it.

It's wrong. Plain and simple.

So, let's stop. Let's judge people on character, actions and intentions.

I'm going to try harder.

We live in a world full of hate and hurt. It spreads faster than ever with the internet.

We have to put up walls of love to stop the hurt. 


I've committed to stop reading comments on videos, news articles and anything else that could have hateful and harmful comments attached.

What are you going to do?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! I think it is a great idea to stop reading comments on news articles. I am going to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! People need to watch Bambi more....If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!