Saturday, January 14, 2012

F. Enzio Busche

 Elder Busche via lds.org

Working at a library is wonderful because it's never hard to find books to read, they just jump out at you! Over Christmas Break I was shelving and happened upon Yearning for the Living God: Reflections from the Life of F. Enzio Busche. I had once read a BYU devotional by Elder Busche called Unleashing the Dormant Spirit. I sought out the talk after seeing this video in Relief Society:

If you haven't seen the video before make sure you watch it. It is very inspiring to me. This talk is the reason that when I saw Elder Busche's book I had to check it out.

It did not disappoint. If you want inspiring this is the book. If you want the testimonies of people all over the world you'll find them here. It was one of those books that I was so excited to finish but I didn't want it to end. Elder Busche was in Germany during World War II. He was in the Hitler youth. He gives a great perspective on the war that most of us have never thought about. He talks about his conversion. His family. How his branch build their own chapel. His travels. 

Really. Just go read it. 


Why are you still here? Find out if your library has it! Or just buy it. It'd be totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!