Monday, April 1, 2013

Dear Cary: My Life with Cary Grant by Dyan Cannon

via My Books

I loved this book. First of all I adore Cary Grant (doesn't everybody?) and I've read another biography (Cary Grant: A Class Apart, I think). He was a brilliant man who shaped his own career beautifully. He knew who he wanted Cary Grant to be.

This book is a great look into his life with Dyan Cannon. I love the way she writes, it feels very honest. It's also easy to ride along with her. I found myself feeling excited for her at the beginning, then worried for her in the middle and proud of her at the end. It feels like you are listening to a friend tell you about her life. She's not bitter or angry, just grateful for her experience. Also she's just a good author. It was an easy book to read. 

If you like biographies about the stars of yesteryear you'll probably like this. I sure did!

Next up: Good Stuff by Jennifer Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!