Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Library Book Roundup

I've been pretty much terrible at posting about the books I've been reading lately (which has been several)! So I'm going to do a quick roundup and I'll let you know which I like and which I didn't. Then I'll do better at reviewing the upcoming ones.

via forwolves

Go Tell It on the Mountain:
A Collection Of Essays, Stories, And Journal Writings By Fire Lookouts.

I loved this book. The stories only cemented my love of the outdoors. Also most of the stories are Idaho based, so that's fun!
















via Eurospan Bookstore

Mountains of Memory: A Fire Lookouts Life in the River of No Return Wilderness

I really enjoyed this one as well. I've been to several of the places he talked about due to my work with DEQ last summer. I learned about this book from a PBS program about lookouts. It seems like a great job to have!















via A Ginger's

Cold Sassy Tree

I have to be honest, I didn't love this book. I know it's a big deal book (that's why I picked it up in the first place), but the story didn't really appeal to me and I wasn't a huge fan of most of the characters.

I guess I'll stick to To Kill a Mockingbird for a classic story about life in the south.













via New Lenox Reads

This Time Together / Laughter and Reflection

If I haven't made it clear that I adore Carol Burnett I'm so sorry, let me do so now.

I adore Carol Burnett! I think she's hilarious, kind, down to earth and brilliant. The book reflected all of this. It's a bunch of reminiscence from her rise to fame. I loved ever second of it and now I need to find her other book!













via VH1

A Twist of Lemmon: A Tribute to My Father

I really wanted to like this one. I really did. I love Jack Lemmon. He's a brilliant actor. Sadly, I found this book by his son annoying. I muddled my way through all the way to the end and I just felt annoyed. The book seemed better suited for maybe a journal. Chris Lemmon just rehashes his favorite memories and tells us (on every couple pages) that his dad wasn't at the dinner table when he was growing up. I'm sure it really helped Lemmon to get all his feelings on paper, but I can't wait to read a real biography about Jack Lemmon.











Well, that's what I've been reading. Next on my list are two books about Cary Grant; Dear Cary by his daughter Jennifer and My Life with Cary by his ex-wife Dyan. I'll let you know what I think of them.

Oh and any recommendations for me? What have you been reading lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!