Monday, March 18, 2013

Misty (1959 or 1975)

When I'm in the car I generally listen to the classic country station and I got a real treat on Sunday! I discovered Ray Stevens' version of "Misty." Now I've loved this song for a long time because of Ella Fitzgerald. But I had never heard "Misty" done the way Ray Stevens did it. And now I'm obsessed. It's so catchy and delightful. But I love Ella Fitzgerald's because it's so beautiful.

You'll have to tell me which if you like one better than the other. This post pretty clearly expresses two types of music I really, really love.

Here's Ella:     Misty by Ella Fitzgerald on Grooveshark 

via Speakeasy



Here's Ray:     Misty by Ray Stevens on Grooveshark


via 7digital


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!