Monday, February 25, 2013

Frank Sinatra's Strangers in the Night from 1966

via cdandlp.com

So earlier in the month I thought I might die when I realized this album wasn't on my shelf and I didn't know where it was. It's my favorite Sinatra album. Very favorite. I spent several days racking my brain trying to figure out where I could be. Since I don't normally loan out my vinyl (I'm not stingy, no one ever asks), I had forgotten that I had loaned some of my favorite albums (including this one, Ella Fitzgerald sing Gershwin, two of my favorite Dean Martin albums and a few others) to my brother in law. I'm so glad I remembered. I was really sad when I thought I'd lost this one.

Anyway the album is fantastic. Here is the track list:

  1. Strangers in the Night
  2. Summer Wind
  3. All or Nothing at All
  4. Call Me
  5. You're Driving Me Crazy!
  6. On a Clear Day (You Can See Forever)
  7. My Baby Just Cares for Me
  8. Downtown
  9. Yes Sir, That's My Baby
  10. The Most Beautiful Girl in the World

My favorites out of the favorites are "Strangers in the Night", "Summer Wind", "Call Me", "On a Clear Day", "Downtown" and "Yes Sir, That's My Baby."

Give it a listen:

Strangers in the Night by Pamela Hay on Grooveshark

Which are your favorites? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!