Friday, April 27, 2012

Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally

via In Sean's Opinion

I have been meaning to see the film Schindler's List for years, but after reading the book I don't think I will. The book was graphic enough for me, I don't know if I could handle the movie. That being said those of you who will not get around to reading the book should probably go see the movie. It's a story that should be heard.

If you haven't heard of Schindler's List it is the story of Oskar Schindler. He saved countless lives from Nazi concentration camps and gas chambers (he saved the most of any one person if I recall correctly). Schindler was not a perfect man by any means, but he did wonderful things. I think that's why I like the story. Keneally doesn't build Schindler up to be something he isn't, he just tells the true story of a great man.

The only fault I have with this book is that the author couldn't decide whether to use last or first names when referring to the people in the story. It was very confusing at first, but I got used to it.


Has anyone else read it or seen the movie? What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!