Friday, April 6, 2012

The Artist (2011)



via bornstoryteller

 
 
I love this movie. I've already bought the soundtrack from Amazon. I can't wait to purchase the DVD!

I am absolutely convinced that this movie would not have won Best Picture (or be worth watching) if it were not black and white and mostly silent (there is 5 or 10 minutes of actual sound - the rest is music). It probably just would have been another disappointing film.


They did a beautiful job with the film. The actors are perfect in their roles. The costumes are stunning. And the music! Absolutely heavenly. They used a score from Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo during a scene in the film and I think it's a perfect match.

I wrote about my excitement for the film before I'd ever seen it and put some of my favorite movie stills in the post. After seeing the film my favorites have changed, so here they are!

via The Rush Blog
via The Rush Blog
via The Rush Blog
via Scullder's Blog
via ACESHOWBIZ
via Shybiker
via Audrey Grace Boutique
via Lady Colette
via GoldDerby

Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?  

PS I was working on a "My Weekend in Movies" post, but as I was finishing it yesterday it mysteriously got deleted... and I don't want to write it up again. I know you are dying to know, so here's what I watched last weekend: Thunder Rock (1942), Toy Story (1995), Toy Story 2 (1999) and The Best of the Dean Martin Variety Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!