Sunday, May 6, 2012

Thoughts Regarding "I'm Proud of You" by Tim Madigan

In I'm Proud of You Madigan discusses how he felt he was never able to make his father proud. Fred Rogers encourages Madigan to learn about his father's relationship with his father. When Madigan does this (by talking to his father) he learns that his father did everything he could so that his son could have a better father than he did. For example, Madigan's grandfather attended 2 of his sons' athletic events in his entire life. Madigan's father was at every single one of his sons' athletic events.

As I thought about this conscience improvement made by Madigan's father I thought of all of the people I knew who had done the same thing. My friends and family have dealt with a number of hardships regarding their parents (or other friends or family), but the majority of them strive to rise above, learn and do better for themselves and their families.

The reason this makes me so excited is that I often find myself getting downhearted about the state of the people in this world. I worry that good people are fading away and awful people are taking their places. Thankfully that's not true. There are great people everywhere, I see them all over my life. They spread love wherever they go.

Thanks for being those people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!