Saturday, June 9, 2012

Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose

via Museum of the Mountain Man

I love this book. It's a great story of adventure, leadership and friendship. The best part? It's completely true. I love learning about Lewis and Clark and Corps of Discovery. This book was just the ticket. Stephen Ambrose gives you the history leading up the expedition and the story of what happened after. Ambrose is a beautiful storyteller and you can feel his love for these important historical figures.

In short, I love Meriwether Lewis and William Clark. This book helped me learn about them with ease. If you are at all interested in The Corps of Discovery you should give it a try.

PS - Ambrose also participated in the making of the Ken Burns Documentary Lewis and Clark: The Journey of the Corps of Discovery. I highly recommend the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!